Claims at MGA
Whether it be a car accident, legal issues, injury, theft, damage or anything else, making a claim can be stressful for everybody involved. At MGA we want to make the process as comfortable as possible. Thats why we have put together this list of things to consider and advice on how to act when you need to make a claim...
- DONT PANIC! - Take a deep breath and relax.
- Be honest but DO NOT admit liability. In the case of an accident or other traumatic event your view of events may be subjective.
- Comply with all legal requirements - notify the police, exchange comprehensive contact details with other parties, obtain registration numbers (in the case of motor vehicle accidents). Immediately contact the Police and establish a Police Report Number and the name and location of the reporting officer.
- Contact us as soon as possible, preferably within 24 hours (weekends excepted). Our brokers are available Mon - Fri during normal business hours and can take your call.
- Mitigate your loss. You must protect property from the possibility of further damage. For example, if there has been breakage of glass or damage, it is advisable to make the relevant contact to ensure the property is secure. We suggest you contact your MGA broker in such situations.
It is not advisable to actually repair damage until instructed by the Insurer or Loss Adjuster. Your MGA representative will assist you through this process.
Fill out any claims forms sent to you by your broker as quickly and as accurately as possble. The more information you can give the better your chances of a successful claim. Claim notification should be reported as soon as practicable by telephone, e-mail or fax.
At MGA we understand that the claim you make may be urgent or sensitive. So we suggest that you contact us directly. However, you may additionally use the form below to notify your broker.